Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ananás y Arañas 10-26-2009

Hola Todo!

This week we have been blessed a TON! we were able to have 11 investigators in the church! I can definately see the Lords hand in my life here in Argentina. My testimony is growing a ton. The biggest thing that I have come to learn is that missionary work is WORK, Physically, Mentally, Emotionally, Espiritually. There is someting magnificent about things of a spiritual nature, After the first vision, Joseph Smith was visited by a heavenly messanger, after that experience, he collapsed, unable to move. When we have a really spiritual day or moment, afterwards we are drained. Adding to this; walking a lot, rejection, dissapointment, discouragement, etc. Its been tough. When I first got into the field, I thought to myself, this is missionary work? However,I am beginning to realize why this is going to be the best two years of my life. I am beginning to love the people, my investigators and members. My comp told me that charity is what makes the work light. I feel it growing within me. I look back on the first day that I entered the mtc, three months ago. O how Ive changed. I look foreword to personal study everymorning, I wish it was 3 hours instead of just the one. I am studying this week about the atonement of Jesus Christ. I have learned a ton and anticipate learning a ton more.

Formosa is kind of like a humid desert, lots of dirt and scattered trees. The Jungle area is more in the province of Misiones. My companion asked me today what my expectations for the mission were. I really had no idea what to say. I have seen "the best two years" I figured it´d be something like that.

Francisco Romero is just amazing. He has the biggest faith. He commited to come to church yesterday, he came. An hour early. Haha. Just amazing. Found out he and his señora arent married yet, that will be a small obstical, luckily they arent married to other people. The divorce process here is horrible. Takes anywhere from 2 months to a year to get a divorce here, and a lot of work with the government. We have some investigators, Ramon Luna and Graciella Barrios. They are awesome, around 70 and 60 yrs of age, They attend church every sunday. Just awesome.

Jorge Amarilla. We had an appointment wth him the other day, he was yet again drunk. Its a tough thing. We taught his wife a few things, she still has doubts. Jorge knows its true, he knows what he has to do. We are working to help him turn to other things when a problem shows up in his life, other than drinking. I am learning patience through this experience.

I am so excited for the work and the future that lies ahead of me. We have some good baptisms lined up for november. I hope that they all make it into the water. I am praying for you always, thank you so much for your letters and your love and especially the pictures! Send me all the pictures you want, it made me smile!

We are moving tomorrow to a new house due to complications with our current one, Im a little sad because we are not going to be able to do ANY work. Its for the best.

If you need help, turn to the Lord, he knows you very personally, I have a huge tesimony of this. He knows how to help you, how to comfort you. Alma 7:11 y 12.

So I must tell you of some of the amazing things that come with the land of Argentina: First, Dulce de Leche. Probably the most amazing thing in the world. Its far more delicious than carmel, Its creamy and just absolutely delicious. I wish I could share it with you, Ill bring some home with me. Segundo, Empenadas, DELICIOUS. Elder Tucker is going to show me how to make them this sunday. Sweet!

Also, in lots of parts of our area, there are spider webs bigger than houses here above our heads, with probably 700 or so spiders on them, Its rediculous! Haha. Also my comp has woken up 3 or 4 times with spider bites on his legs. I have been really lucky I guess. Hasnt happened to me just yet.

My companion leaves for home a week from wednesday. I inherit a lot more responsibility when the happens, I´ll be the only one that knows my investigators and the area. Thank you so much for your prayers and love. I love you all so much! I wish you the best in everything that you do.

Elder Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment