Saturday, November 14, 2009

Estoy Listo! 10-19-2009

Buenos Tardes Familia!

This week has had its awesome moments along with some dissapointing ones. We start this adventure with my first South American Rainstorm! We were in the middle of teaching Jorge and his familia when it began to sprinkle, then a clap of thunder, then it RAINED. I realized that day that the sky is blue because really it is an ocean and all of it fell. The streets were completely flooded, and can you say mud. I was enjoying it, my companion not so much. He told me that he too thought it was really exciting the first few times. Haha. Things have been really good between me and him. I am learning a TON about humility here and learning to talk about problems with him instead of letting them boil inside of me until I explode. Things have been real good. This week started out pretty awesome, we have been challenging every investigator to baptism to really see if they are who God has prepared for us. There are a ton of people that are willing to listen to us, up until we start making it "Real" for them, usually its not a direct challenge, more "When you receive an answer that these things are true, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized in his church?" Its been really good and we have a lot of investigators with baptismal dates. One of those is a girl named Lujan, she has been attending institute with her friends and we found her at general conference, we taught her the first lesson and she accepted the date of Nov. 7th, the problem is her parents are not so interested... We are going to teach her with her parents this wednesday. I hope it goes well. Next we have maricella who also has opposition with family, her husband. We have no idea what to do with her, she keeps avoiding our calls and our visits. Gabriel...he attended a baptism saturday that some of the elders in our zone were having. When he sat down, I smelled smoke. I think he still hasnt given it up. The birth certificate of Juan finally came, they should be getting baptized this saturday but we arent sure if he still has the desires to get baptised, its difficult for him to read the scriptures daily and attend church.

So remember Vanina, the baptism we had. Well, we have been teaching them and they are just awesome! They are always offering to feed us and do everything they can for us. They are also following the example of their daughter, I think that is what is helping them the most. They have seen the changes that have taken place in her. We challenged them to pray about the Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, we have a cita with them tonight and we are going to see how things went and if it feels right we are going to commit them to baptizm.

We also had a really fun activity in the chaple this past week, put together by the missionaries. Elder Payne (Kimball Payne, from alpine, gratuated with me) is in my zone! He is such an awesome kid. He and I were in charge of a workshop of "contacting" We taught the members how to share the gospel with friends and family. It went really great. It was way fun. We also had RMs there from the ward centenario sharing their experiences from their missions. Then we had a race of tying a tie, shining shoes and shaving a balloon. It was Hoots of fun. Then we showed the video of the Restauration. It was a way fun night, and really what I needed.

In two weeks ends my first transfer, then leaves my trainer, then I get a new companion who is unfamiliar with my area. That puts the responsibility on my to basically run the area for a week or so until he gets his footing. I have kind of been the side kick these past few weeks to my companion, because he is a great teacher and he knows the answers to our investigators questions. I am really praying that my next companion is a hard worker... For this, I am really working on getting involved, being assertive and getting to know the members and Investigators. My companion is helping me by having me make some of the phone calls at night and I have a goal of asking 7 questions every cita de almuerzo (lunch appt). It has really been helping me. I also have a goal of opening my mouth. Talking to everyone, even if I am scared. I started today. While I was getting my hair cut, I taught a rough outline of the first lesson to the hair cuttress? I am really grateful for the strength that God gave me to do it.

So usually on p'day we play futbol but I am going to use that time to draw. I am really excited for it!!! My zone leaders want to make tshirts for the zone and they asked me to design it this past week. They are happy with the results and I am really excited to see my drawing on a shirt. I was able to put my talents into action here and it made me happy.

So I have a problem, I have no way of getting more pictures to you, I dont have a chord to connect my camera to the computer... and the mail is really sketchy... If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. :).

Les Amo Todo!

Su Hijo y Hermano,

Elder Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment