Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Que Calor que Hace!

Hello all!
         Im so glad to hear from you, those pictures are so gorgeous, made me feel like I was there for a bit. Dad, thanks a ton for all of your help! This week was just awesome, We have been working hard and the heat has been following us. I am not going to lie, Im missing the snow a little bit. That tends to happen when it gets to be 113 degrees. Yeesh. We could cook some eggs on the road down here.
         We had the baptism of Gabriel this week! It was awesome, he is going to be an awesome member of the church, and hopefully an awesome missionary also.
         Dalma is really excited for her baptism also, we just gotta teach a little bit more, and make sure that she has had a sincer repentence before her baptism.
         We got a new investigator this week named Alex, he is a reference from a member, his sister. He is Evangelical and has good interest in what we are teaching, we taught him the first lesson and he came to church with us yesterday, we are really excited to see where it takes us.
         Elder Villaroel (district leader) has been helping me a TON to become the missionary that the Lord wants me to be. He is my hero and I learn something new everyday from him.
        The Flia of Vanina, the Montenegros, are very stubborn. We have been trying to help them gain a testimony but they are firm in their beleifs, with time we hope they can come to know for themselves the truth. However, they still love us and have invited us over for an Asada, its like a barbeque but x 10, it will be my first one, Im way excited.
        I remembered something that my Branch president of the MTC taught me, a story he shared of a sister missionary. One day she was teaching a family and the neighbors had the music turned up really loud, she went to the neighbors and asked them to turn off the music for 30 min, so they could have the spirit in the lesson. I had that same opportunity twice this week. The first time, I went up to the man and asked him if he could turn of the music, he was about 25 and in the middle of getting skulls tatood on his leg, listening to really loud rock music. I asked him if he could do me a huge favor and turn off the music for just 30 min. He told me no, I asked him again. He told me no once again. I tried and I felt good about it. I was a little disappointed in his response, but I did my part. The second time, was yesterday, we got to the lesson, and the neighbors were once again listening to really loud music. So, I asked if we could leave the lesson for 2 min. I got up, went to the neighbors and asked if they could please turn off the music for 30 min. They were nicer, they turned it down, and we had a really spiritual lesson with a lady named maria. Its not easy to do it, my heart overworks itself everytime but I know Heavenly Father gave me the strength to do what was right.
      Yesterday, after church my companion wasnt feeling very well, he felt really weak and with a head ache, we think its for the heat. I think its because he doesnt start his personal study on time. haha. So I got an extra 4 hours of study time, which was awesome. Id rather be working but I used my time thebest that I could have.
     Saturday we had an awesome zone conference, I felt the spirit the whole day, It helped me a TON! I know this church is true and that Jesus is our savior that through him and only through him can we return to our heavenly fathers presence.
                     I love you all and love to hear from you all!
                                  Elder Jacobson
                                       ¡Hurrah por Israel!


Mi casa es su casa.






Service cooking Pastellitos, Mmmmm...

Betcha cant eat just one

We finally have a mission vehicle! No more walking!

Baptism of Gabriel

The flowers are blooming.

What fun at zone conference!

Our truck broke down...Back to Walking... Again

No comments:

Post a Comment