Friday, December 4, 2009

Elder Sal Me Llamo

So turns out, it was a bit hot this week. haha. We changed the schedule today, we now wake up at 7, work in the morning, study during the ciesta and return to work at 330 until 10 at night, we go to sleep at 11. Its just too hot during the day. President Miranda told us that during summer here, it gets hot enough to cook eggs on rocks... I used to always joke that I wanted to try that. Ill send pictures when I do. We have been working really hard this week, my companion´s back has been bugging him but not enough to prevent us from working which is a big blessing. We Are really excited for our investigators! We had 3 inv. in the church this past week, missing the norm of excellence by 3, however we have plans to work harder this week. We have been working with some really great people here, like Alex, hes evangelical (one of the 4 religions in this area:1. catholics, 2. evangelical, 3. Testigos de JehovĂ , 4. Mormon) He is a great example of someone who has been prepared for us. He told us the other day that 3 years ago he would have told us to get lost, but now he is willing to listen. He is progressing really well, he has attended 2 times at church and also the baptism of dalma which was awesome! I have no Idea why but she wanted that I did the baptism, so I did. Wow, I was nervous, one, because baptism is what allows people to enter into the kingdom of God. Wow. and I hold that authority of God to do so. It was amazing, I felt the spirit very strong there. The only problem was that the water was to our knees no more. So she had to basically lay on the floor. It was awesome.
      So, I woke up one day this week and I was thinking in spanish.... Thats what happens when every single thing around you is in spanish, including your companion. However, not the songs here, 2/3 are in english. haha.
       I had a pretty cool experience the other day, we were clapping houses and I felt the need to clap a certain one, so I did. The words crossed my mind, "We´re here to help you?" so instead of the usually contact, I said that. She responded, "If you were to help me, I have a list of 100 things! How can you help me?" "we help people physically and spiritually, through the teachings of Christ". She responded, "come back next week and we´ll see what you can do for me." It was definately the spirit that was guiding me as to what to say.
      I get to talk to you on the phone on christmas! I am going to call around 11am your time on the 25th. You all better be ready!
            I love you all a TON! Have an amazing week!
                      Your son and brother,
                                    Elder Jacobson.

No comments:

Post a Comment