Tuesday, December 8, 2009

¡Buenas Lluvias! Mon 12/7/2009

Hello all!
           So I want to start out this card this week to say how much I miss all of you! Those pictures made me a little teary eyed dad. :). I love you all a ton!
           I also want to describe the culture a little better, The people here are rarely married, mostly just living together. There are also a ton of single mothers for just that reason. The families that do have a father figure work in the morning return for the ciesta and leave again for the night. Lots of people also work in the Campo(or the farms) where they travel for the week and return in the weekend. In their free time, they like to sit and drink mate (a cup full of herbs and water) Everyone drinks mate, eccept for us. Most families have a kiosko, or a little store where they sell basic neccessities out of their houses. (very convenient I might add). You find a lot of soda here, coca cola products and also things native to argentina, especially Guaraná, or apple soda. Mmmmmm.... Very tasty. Drinking and smoking is a big problem that we find here, we need to be very careful weekends at night and holidays especially. Everyone travels either by bus or motorcycles/scooters, if you see a car, its usually a taxi. lots of those also. That is how I would describe formosa in a nutshell...
         So, we are comming really close to transfers again. This time, It may be my time to leave formosa, I hope not. I have grown a bond with the people here, and I know that I may not see them again for a very long time. I have promised myself that I am going to return with my wife and kids.
         One of my favorite parts of every transfer is the interview with president Del Castillo, Throuought the transfer, I think of questions that I have for president. When interviews come, he talks with us for a few minutes then opens up the rest of the time for questions that we have for him. How awesome. One of my questions was how could I become more humble. He then told me not to worry too much about that, to do everything that I can do personally (serve others, compliment them, accredit others, etc) but that God is doing his work on my as we speak, to continue praying for humility and one day, I will look back and realize that God was helping me the whole time to become more humble.
            We have been working with some awesome investigators here, one named Victor Aguero, All he needs is to ask God if these things are true, and to get married.... 
               The other is our friend Alex, we werent able to teach him at all this week because he had mouth surgery.
        This week we were so excited for how many people promised to come to church with us, we worked so hard with the people that they could attend church. ...... Then it rained all morning sunday..... Oh man! the roads here are all made of dirt, so rain+dirt= mud. We left our house a little disheartened, as we walked we knew what that meant, nobody would make it to church. As we entered the chaple, to our surprise, Who to find, but our very good friend Victor Aguero! He stuck to his promise! We were thrilled! Awesome.
         This week was really good, Elder saenz and I are working a ful! At times in the morning he tells me that his back hurts, so he rarely gets up on time. I do all that I can to help him, and Dad, thanks a ton for all of those times in the morning when I was little and didnt want to go to school and you "helped" me get up. I am now putting into practice much of those tactics, for example: singing really loud, turning on the light, having a conversation, etc. :). I am learning a ton everyday and am loving the mission more and more everyday. My spanish is really good, I owe it all to the gift of tongues. I can understand almost everyone and am able to communicate without struggle. God is trying my patience and faith in ways other than the language out here.
         Thank you so much for all of your love and support.
                        Your son, brother, and friend,
                                             Elder Jacobson
                                                      Hurrah for Israel! (i know know what that means).
                           P.s. Serena, I have many talents but you´ll have to put me on the list for 2011, count me in!
                           P.p.s. Tanner, Thanks a ton for your letter! I miss you a ton man! and I am so excited for you to have the oportunity to serve a mission. You are going to love it! I love you a ton man! Hope you are loving BYU, I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment