Monday, December 21, 2009

¡Feliz cumpleaños papa!

Hello Family!
First off, happy birthday dad! The big 48! That cake looks delicious, I hope you sent some in the mail for me. And what a pleseant sight it was to see snow! We lack that a little bit down here. However, all of the people have their little trees all lit up. It is nowhere near the same as the states. I kinda miss it to be honest, all of the snow, lights, trees. Wow. However, we are working a ful! Alex accepted his baptismal date for the 26th of december, we are really excited for that, we also have many other investigators that for sure might possible with a chance progress. Lets just say we are searching for the chosen ones. Those who are prepared.
Friday we had a really fun activity in the church, we set up different rooms to display the different cultures and how they celebrate christmas. In our zone we have elders from chile, peru, colombia, and the states (one from canada). So we had our room, where we built a chimney out of construction paper, made no bake cookies, peanut butter cookies, and brownies. Then we had that game with the donuts on strings where you cant use your hands and bobbing for apples. then we watched the church movie when jesus was born and how that relates with the book of mormon. Wow, I felt the spirit really strong that day, I am so greatful for my savior Jesus Christ.
The other day we were walking to our next appointment and my comp was feeling a little down, so I asked him what was up, he misses his family and being with them for christmas. I tried to help him forget about it a little. The only way to fight homesickness is to work.
What I am going to do to celebrate christmas, is to dedicate my personal study for the week before christmas to the studying of the life of Jesus, his birth, life, and atonement. I am really excited! What an awesome time of year to focus on our savior.
This week has been spiritually magnifying for me, I have been SEARCHING the scriptures, meditating them, "how does this apply to me." That has been really spiritually enriching for me. I have found things that I definately wouldnt have found otherwise.
So, we have been teaching an investigadora named elvira, and her daughter paula. haha. They are crazy. Elvira has dreams often and asks us to interpritate them, we try our best. The only thing is that she hasnt prayed to know if joseph smith was a true prophet or if the Book of mormon is true. Without that there is no way that she will be able to progress. So we placed the comitment again, with all hope that she does it.
We also had a very interesting lesson with the mother of vanina, we told her very directly that her church does not have the autoridad of God. She promised that she is going to pray, however I think that she already has it in her mind that she has her answer. We´ll see, she just has to ask with a sincere heart.
Our convert, Lujan Cardozo, hasnt come to church the past 2 weeks.... we are nervous for her. Her family was completely against her baptizm, and we think they have something to do with not letting her come to church. Its sad because she has 25 years. She knows its true and is attending institute in the stake center every week. Im praying for her.
There is a good chance that Im going to be transferred this week... I dont want to go. I love branch centenario, my area, the members, the investigators. However, I will go where you want me to go. I find out tomorrow in the night.
I also had divisions this week with elder Villaroel, HOLY MOLEY! What an amazing missionary. He is my hero. He teaches with the spirit so strong that the people cant say no. We were teaching an evangelical, and just like in first nephi, his words were confounded. He had no idea what to say. Elder Villaroel has such a strong testimony. He has truly searched the words of the prophets. I also learned something very important, that I took to heart. It doesnt matter at all what other people do or think, what matters is what God thinks. I have been a little worried about impressing others that I lost my true focus here. To serve God. To bring the world his truth. With that, I have a new desire to work, to do my best. To be my own example. I am so excited for this week, and send pics of christmas, but not too many.
I love you all a TON!!!
Your son and brother,
Elder Jacobson
Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment