Monday, December 21, 2009

¡Feliz Navidad!


Hola todos!
This week felt really long and slow,
I have no idea why, however, we are working hard
So first off, this friday I am going to call at 7 or 8 in the morning, thats the hour that they gave us, so youll have to make some sacrifices. haha. This christmas is going to be very different than all of my others in the past. There arent very many lights which is kinda sad. However, the spirit of christmas is here, the focus on christ. I have dedicated my personal study this week to the birth, life, and death of Jesus Christ. I hope that I am able to know him a bit better by the beginning of next week.
Also, I wasnt transferred, I will be here for another 6 weeks, which is awesome. I really do enjoy this area, the people here are awesome. However, we have been faced with some big difficulties. Lujan hasnt come to church in the past 3 weeks. We found out that her parents have been putting so much pressure on her for being a member of the iglesia. They told her to choose between her family and the church. We have no clue what to do. We are going to try and go by her house. We are very worried for her. Also Gabriel didnt want to come to church yesterday. We found out he is hanging around with some of the not so best of people, he stopped reading his scriptures and saying his prayers. When I found that out, I was pretty devastated. We need to help them in some way... Vanina and Dalma are sticking strong in the church, they are firm in the faith. We are going to have lunch with them on christmas which will be awesome. Victor and his son Ariel have been reading consistently and praying also, they told us that they have received an answer and they know the church is true. The only problem is that him and his señora arent married.... and she doesnt want to. The same thing with Francisco Romero.
Alex beleives that the church is true, he just has some problems with the law of chastity, the problem is that he is married, but separated. Divorces here cost about 3500 dollars.... and he wants to start a family in the near future. We dont want that he is baptized and then after breaks the law of chastity. We just need to firm it in his mind that he cant do that, and have his testimony stronger.
We have also been teaching a girl named Marlene, Yesterday, she told us that she had read and prayed, and recieved an answer. She commited to be baptized and attend church this upcomming sunday. We are stoked for her.
Another of our investigators, Sandra, feels that the church is true, but she doesnt want to give up the things of the world. So we had a really good lesson about choosing God or the world. We´ll see what happens with her.
Saturday the power went out around noon, until noon the next day. Our house has insullation like an oven, it was awesome. haha. I slept on the floor because it was cooler than my bed, I had to wet my hair often to cool down, a lot of our food went sour also. However, I was still happy for some reason. I decided after the first time our power went out that I wouldnt let anything bad bother me. Life is too short to let inconvenientes bother me.
With transfers we lost some really good elders, but gained some other capos in our zone. We are stoked for this transfer, however we will probably die in the heat.
I love the book of mormon, and I encourage all of you to read it everyday, to be able to overcome temptation and have the spirit with you always, I love you all a ton. Pray always, Your father in heaven wants to talk to you. I promise. Thank you for all of your prayers. Remember, I am praying for you always.
Your son and brother,
Elder Jacobson
Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment