Saturday, November 14, 2009

Transfers! 11-09-2009

¿Como les va?

How are you all doing? Dad, to answer your questions, I dont think I am going to be able to find out all of that information for you due to lack of time. Ill send a picture to you of our house this upcoming week. I am glad to hear that you are still running those half marathons, I remember very well my first one. :). I have eaten some interesting things since I have been here, some being: Cow stomach, Large rat, Armadillo. Haha. Sweet.

My new companion is Elder Saenz, He is from Columbia, he is really dark skinned and funny. He is very easy going. Hes a good elder and weve been working hard. The only problem is that we live so far away from everything, we do all of our travelling by foot, unless we are going to centro, then we take the collectivo. The church is 30min away from where we live, that takes a lot of time out of our day, and our area is shaped like an elongated rectangle, we live in the very bottom corner of it, it takes about an 45 min to go from one side of our area to the other, we are working on planning our day to save the most time possible.

We had the baptism of lujan this past week on saturday! It was awesome, she has a testimony very strong, she came to know the church through her friends inviting her to institute. You all have the power to change lives and be missionaries, dont underestimate that. Invite all of your non member friends to Family home evening and activities in the ward. You all could have such an impact in peoples lives.

Since Elder Tucker left, I have inherited a ton of responsibility, I am basically directing our area until Elder Saenz is familiar with the area and all of our investigators. This week has been really hard for me, I am not to good at handling stress, Any Suggestions on how to handle stress? I have been praying a lot and fasting too for the strength to keep going. I have been strengthened a lot. I just need to keep moving foreward. I have learned a ton these past 3 months, I have grown a ton in my knowledge of the scriptures and also as a person, I have 21 more months of growing and learning. I am hopeful for the future.

Our investigators are progressing, the sister of Vanina now has a baptismal date and is excited to acheive it, her parents however are going to need some more time. They are going to get baptized, with time. Romero Francisco, all he needs is to get married, all his wife needs to do is want to get married. What is up with people and not wanting to get marrie? I always thought it was a good thing? :)

Jorge is drinking again, its all because he isnt reading and praying everyday, I was reading in preach my gospel where it says that most of the time, people are going to crash and drink again. We just need to have patience and emphasize repentence, that will help him the most. Also, his wife needs to want to get married first... haha. I thought of a good example, its like a baby learning to walk, they are going to fall, the important thing is if they learn to get back up and try again. They try and try until they are eventually walking, we are going to fall, and thats ok, if we learn to get back up and try again.

There is hope for this upcomming week, there is always hope.

I wish the best for you all,

I love you,

Elder Kyle Braden Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment