Monday, February 22, 2010

2/15/2010

Hey,
            I am so glad to hear from everyone, in truth! It always seems like everyone gets sick at the same time no? I am praying for you all and I hope you all get well real soon, nobody likes to be sick
                           I have been here in Campo Largo for almost 3 weeks already and until now, with a ton of success. No new baptisms until now, but with  a few more active members at church that were previously inactive. So as you may have heard we lack men. My comp and I have been trying to find ways to capture the men, so basically when we do trackting we walk fast and go talk to the people sitting outside drinking mate. In formosa we did a lot of clapping houses, here it´s a bit different. Since there is so much heat, everyone sleeps the siesta. EVERYONE . Except for us of course, so for about 2 hours everyday we are walking in severe heat, looking for the first sign of movement. I am sure that through obedience we will see the blessings. To motivate us to talk to the hombres, my comp and I have made up a competition, whoever sees a man, and calls out “hombre”, gets to contact him. Whoever contacts the most men in the week gets icecream on the tab of the other. However, when we started playing that game, my comp stopped contacting the people, since I win all the time…. so it didn´t quite work how I wanted it to… But we are definately talking with more men. In one of those instances we met a man named Ricardo, who had been listening to the missionaries 3 years ago, but then the mission president took the missionaries out of the area due to some problems in the branch (I´m pretty sure that some members were trying to beat up the missionaries or something, maybe its just a rumor, for the record, nobody has tried to kill us yet, well no humans. I got bit once by a dog, and my comp almost got bit. ) So he invited us over to our house and we had a pretty sweet lesson with him. He knows more than we do about the book of mormon, I swear. He knew what year God and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph, the name of the Hill Cumorah, everything. In our first visit, he was practically showing off all of his knowledge of the church, haha. He´s a stud. So we placed a baptismal date with him for the 20th of March. We also met a girl named Belen, 16 yrs old, Who is the niece of one of the members here in the branch. She understood the first lesson so well, she is awesome. She also came to church this past Sunday, but she didn´t have the best experience. The thing here in campo largo, is that 1st, we don´t exactly have a church building. We are renting out an old store, piano not included. As for the acapella talents of our branch, we´ll just say they have really sweet spirits. Secondly, it was branch conference, so the district president came and spoke, very very quietly. While we have the fans turned up. We couldn´t hear anything and with all of the sustaining of leaders, it kinda weirded her out. So that was really sad that she didn´t have a very good experience. Because she is really awesome.
         Elder Mccroby is one of the nicest people in the world, he is always always thinking of others and is constantly in prayer. He is an amazing example for me in my life and for the investigators and members in this area.
       So today we had the second rainstorm in the past 10 months here in campo largo, very very needed. Before my mission I didn´t like the rain at all, but as I have come to know the heat, I can´t wait for the rain. It always refreshes the things.
           I love you all and I wish you all the best of luck with all of your asuntos personales. I love you all so much!!! And I miss you a whole 2000 lbs.
                                     Elder Jacobson
                                         Hurrah for Israel 

No comments:

Post a Comment