Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The mysterious ticking noise...


The mysterious ticking noise happens to be my watch on some sort of countdown...but for what? That's right, I'm leaving for two years dedicating my life to what I know to be true. The gospel of Jesus Christ. It seems very surreal that in a mere 27 hours I will have stepped through the doors the M T C. (spaces? no clue). I am very excited and pumped as ever. My first companion is going to be a eight foot eleven, five hundred pound Samoan. I call it. What I am most excited for is to grow in faith and in testimony. I can feel Satan taking every possible opportunity to "persuade" me not to go. I read an amazing quote the other day by elder Holland, "Don't give up when the pressure mounts. Certainly don't give into that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. Face your doubts. Master your fears. -Cast not away therefore your confidence- Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you." B-E-A-utiful!
I now know the true definition of surreal: going on a mission. I recognize that I have no more plans after Tuesday and my life is set on a course to end. Yet, I know nothing of the new life I will be entering into. I've heard stories, even been inside the mtc, but I will not know how life is or the mantle that will be placed upon me until the moment of.
I'm grateful for all of the support I have been given these past few nineteen years of my existence on this earth. There is a plan for all of us, a reason why we are here. To learn and to grow, to gain a body, and return to Heavenly Father.
I hope everyone has a wonderful two years without me and if anyone has any Super-Sized news (i.e. a mission call, engagement, breakthrough on cold fusion, etc.,) feel free to send me a letter about it, maybe with some peachie o's...
Farewell and keep updated through este blog!
Your brother in Christ
Kyle Braden Jacobson
Hurrah for Israel! (¡Viva Israel!)

1 comment: